Re: A simple question: Why 'pg_ctl: command not found...' ?

От Laurenz Albe
Тема Re: A simple question: Why 'pg_ctl: command not found...' ?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, 2022-03-08 at 17:44 +0800, BeginnerC wrote:
> When I start to learn the 'pg_ctl',
> the bash echo 'pg_ctl: command not found...' and then print 'Install package 'postgresql-server' to provide command
'pg_ctl'?[N/y]'

> I am confused because I had already install the PostgreSQL correctly just follow the postgres Document,
> to prove that,I use the psql to connect to the postgres and execute some sql statements
> (Just like 'CREATE TABLE', 'SELECT' and 'INSERT'),and these statements executed successfully.
> So how to solve this problem? Should I use the dnf to install the 'postgresql-server' or just add some path to
the environmentvariable?

> My system is Fedora 35 and the PostgreSQL version is 14.

Ignore the overly helpful prompt to install PostgreSQL packages from your Linux distribution.

Your only problem is that /usr/pgsql-14/bin is not in your PATH environment variable.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe