Order of items in FROM causes error?

От Rosser Schwarz
Тема Order of items in FROM causes error?
Дата
Re: Order of items in FROM causes error?  (Stephan Szabo <sszabo@megazone.bigpanda.com>)
Список pgsql-sql
A colleague has the following query, which errors with: relation "dl"
does not exist.  (See the second item in the FROM clause.)  If that
item is moved to immediately precede the first JOIN item however, the
query works as expected.

select u.usersfirstname || ' ' ||  u.userslastname as userssupervisorsname    , l.locationsname || ' >> ' ||
lv.listvaluesnameas locationdepartment    , lvcat.listvaluesname as usersemploymentcategory    , lvclass.listvaluesname
asusersemploymentclass    , lvacdcat.listcategoriesname as usersacdcategory from intranet.tbl_users u    ,
intranet.tbl_departmentslocationsdl    , intranet.tbl_listvalues lvcat    , intranet.tbl_listvalues lvclass    ,
intranet.tbl_listcategorieslvacdcat join intranet.tbl_listvalues lv on dl.listvaluesid = lv.listvaluesid join
intranet.tbl_locationsl on dl.locationsid = l.locationsidwhere u.usersid = 199  and dl.listvaluesid = 13  and
lvcat.listvaluesid= 23  and lvclass.listvaluesid = 27  and lvacdcat.listcategoriesid = 6

This strikes me as a bug.  Is it known behavior?  A quick search
doesn't turn up much, but that may be a weakness in my google-fu.

We're running 7.4.2.  (Yes, I know; I'm about to start testing 8.0.2
on our new server.)

/rls

--
:wq