PostgreSQL

От Allan Huffman
Тема PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Dear Sirs,

I am using Java with JDBC (PC) to run an application using PostgreSQL
6.2.1 (Sparc).  Everything is running fine except for a string problem.
The Postmaster says:
"ERROR: MultiByte strings (MB) must be enabled to use this function"

The DOS prompt (where the Visual Cafe development environment runs an
Applet) tells me:
"The maximum width size for column 3 is: 13"

And this is for a varchar(50) field.  When I enter a string into the
column from my Java text field I get the diagnostic:
"Invalid value for the column: product_name"

I figure that all I have to do is enable MB but I can't find it.  If you
have not encountered this problem before, do you know of a user group
where I can post a question.

Sincerely,

Allan in Belgium

Allan@ppc.pims.org