Installing postgresql on sgi: IpcSemaphoreCreate gives Bad address.

От Peter Schaefer
Тема Installing postgresql on sgi: IpcSemaphoreCreate gives Bad address.
Дата
Список pgsql-ports
Hello,
        I'm trying to install postgres on an SGI.
        This particular SGI isn't installed well;
        I will appreciate any hint on how to locate the problem.

Thanks!

Symptom:
Log of trying to start postmaster attached.
Attempts to run createdb fail.

postgres@callas:~$ echo > pgserver.log

postgres@callas:~$ nohup postmaster -i > pgserver.log 2>&1 &
[1] 245333

postgres@callas:~$ less pgserver.log
IpcSemaphoreCreate: semctl failed (Bad address) id=5
IpcSemaphoreCreate: semctl failed (Bad address) id=6

postgres@callas:~$ ipcs
IPC status from /dev/kmem as of Wed Oct  6 08:29:37 1999
T         ID     KEY        MODE       OWNER    GROUP
Message Queues:
Shared Memory:
m          7 0x0052e2ca --rw------- postgres postgres
m          8 0x0052e2c1 --rw------- postgres postgres