Re: [GENERAL] alpha and true64 port

От Adriaan Joubert
Тема Re: [GENERAL] alpha and true64 port
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Bruce Momjian wrote:

> > hi, this is kind of emergent!
> >
> > we are in the process of decision making. Is there an true64 on
> > alpha port?
> >
> > thanks in advance!!!!!!
>
> We have alpha/osf, but no tru64 that I know of.

Tru64 is just a renaming of Digital Unix / OSF/1(Those Compaq people can't
spell, where is good old digital with a line-long engineering number you
can't remember?)

Postgres runs fine on Alphas, but you need to use the cc compiler, i.e.
compile with template alpha_cc. And you need to use 6.5.2. I think I sent in
a couple of minor patches -- have a look at the mailing list archive.

Adriaan