Re: [GENERAL] Trouble with Innstalling PostGreSQL 6.5.2 on Win NT

От Kevin Lo
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Trouble with Innstalling PostGreSQL 6.5.2 on Win NT
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Jeff Hoffmann wrote:

> on a related note, i've been thinking about trying out postgres on NT,
> but i've been hesitant to do so because it seems to be a "just because i
> can" port -- maybe not as stable or fast as on a unix system, but neat
> to have.  are people actually using it for serious (ie, it needs to be
> reliable but not necessarily mission critical) work?

Hi, Jeff,

I know Postgres on NT is not as stable as on a UN*X system so far.
Some friends of mine works on NT platform, they just want to learn SQL,
but you know, almost databases on NT are commercial, they are expensive
and they cannot pay it just because they want to learn SQL, right?
Now they can run PostgreSQL on NT, and study more fun :-)
Becuase Postgres is *free* and *open source*, so that's why I port
PostgreSQL to NT.

> jeff

Kevin Lo                                     "Use the Internet to    |    |
kevlo@wahoo.com.tw                           it's fullest potential" OO--)|
kevlo@FreeBSD.org                                             \__   (_    |
kevlo@kde.org                                                     /\ |____|
http://www.freebsd.org/~kevlo                                    (=(_><   \

Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Trouble with Innstalling PostGreSQL 6.5.2 on Win NT
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Trouble with Innstalling PostGreSQL 6.5.2 on Win NT