Re: [HACKERS] Operator definitions

От Thomas Lockhart
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Operator definitions
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] Operator definitions  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> OK, I have applied a patch to fix all the operator cases for ^ and |.
> This will be in 6.6.
> The issue is that we want to specify precedence for the common math
> operators, and I needed to be able to specify precedence for '|' so people
> could do SELECT 'A' | 'B' | 'C'.

I had already posted and applied a patch for the stable branch, since
v6.5.2 was damaged wrt v6.5 functionality. The patch will also appear
in RedHat's rpms for their RH6.1 release. I hadn't yet applied the
patch to the main branch, but have it in my gram.y code where I'm
working on join syntax.

Can you compare your patch of the main branch with the very recent
changes on the stable branch?

Darn, back to cvs merge hell...

                    - Thomas

South Pasadena, California