Re: [HACKERS] Operator definitions

От Thomas Lockhart
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Operator definitions
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> > It looks to me like '^' and '|' have been left out of the alternatives
> > for MathOp in src/backend/parser/gram.y.  It could be they were
> > deliberately omitted, but I bet it's just an oversight.
> OK, here is a patch to allow both ^ and | as operators, both in operator
> definitions and expressions. It seems to work for me. Unfortunately the
> regression tests do not tell me an awful lot, as several of them fail on
> the Alpha anyway. As I don;t really know what I'm doing, I'd appreciate
> it if somebody else could check the patch out and let me know whether it
> is ok.

It's fine as far as it goes, but istm that there are other cases
missing from gram.y also :(

Bruce, how did this stuff get into the stable release? Looks like we
are going to need a v6.5.3 Real Soon Now. And packagers, we should
plan on having a patch for v6.5.2. I'll try coming up with one in the
next couple of days; I've tested on my own gram.y but it has too many
other changes to be used as-is.
                   - Thomas

South Pasadena, California