Q: Mac: Openlink->Linux: Openlink-PostgreSQL

От Jelle Ruttenberg
Тема Q: Mac: Openlink->Linux: Openlink-PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hello all,

maybe somewhat off topic here, but the people at OpenLink who are
working on it don't have an answer yet:

I'm using OpenLink Data Access Driver Suite 3.2 to connect from a Mac to
a Linux with PostgreSQL 6.5.1. When I set the authentication in
pg_hba.conf to 'password', the connection is rejected by PostgreSQL with
the message: 'Password authentication failed for user 'nps''. When I set
the authentication to 'trust' it works.

Is there somebody who has been able to get OpenLink with
password-authentication by PostgreSQL working and can give me some
clues?

Thanks,
Jelle.

NOTES:
- password-file: PGDATA/pg_pwd
- users in the password-file: added with CREATE USER
- the passwords aren't encrypted
- connecting the database with 'psql <databasename> -u' works
- OpenLink uses the generic database-agent for PostgreSQL (95?) to
connect to the database