problems during the installation

От Thomas Kruse
Тема problems during the installation
Дата
Список pgsql-ports
Hi,

in the attached file our problem is described.

All the best

   Thomas

--
######################################
#

Thomas Kruse               email: Thomas.Kruse@infineon.com
Infineon Technologies AG, CPR 6
81730 Munich / Germany     phone: +49 89 234 46380
Otto-Hahn-Ring 6           fax:   +49 89 234 44950

If PostgreSQL failed to compile on your computer or you found a bug that
is likely to be specific to one platform then please fill out this form
and e-mail it to pgsql-ports@postgresql.org.

To report any other bug, fill out the form below and e-mail it to
pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org.

If you not only found the problem but solved it and generated a patch
then e-mail it to pgsql-patches@postgresql.org instead.  Please use the
command "diff -c" to generate the patch.

You may also enter a bug report at http://www.postgresql.org/ instead of
e-mail-ing this form.

                        POSTGRESQL BUG REPORT TEMPLATE

Your name        :    Thomas Kruse
Your email address    : Thomas.Kruse@infineon.com

System Configuration
---------------------
  Architecture (example: Intel Pentium)      : Sparc

  Operating System (example: Linux 2.0.26 ELF)     : SunOS Release 5.6 Version Generic_105181-12 [UNIX(R) System V
Release4.0]

  PostgreSQL version (example: PostgreSQL-6.5.1):   PostgreSQL-6.5.1

  Compiler used (example:  gcc 2.8.0)        : gcc

Hi,

we have a problem with the point 20 a. in the INSTALL-Guide.

If we tried to start the postmaster daemon with

we got

Our second try was

but we got only

Maybe there is a problem in file pg_hba.conf.
We tried different possibilities but the result of starting
the postmaseter was allways the same.

Thank you very much for your help!

      Thomas

Please describe a way to repeat the problem.   Please try to provide a

If you know how this problem might be fixed, list the solution below: