Re: [HACKERS] Status report: long-query-string changes

От Leon
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Status report: long-query-string changes
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:

> Leon <leon@udmnet.ru> writes:
> >> A simple fix would be to check the current size after lexing of that
> >> accumulated string buffer, and if it is non-zero then elog(ERROR) a
> >> complaint. Perhaps a more general fix would be to ensure that you are
> >> never in an exclusive state after all tokens are processed, but I'm
> >> not sure how to do that.
>
> > The solution is obvious - to eliminate exclusive states entirely!
> > Banzai!!!
>
> Can we do that?  Seems like a more likely approach is to ensure that
> all of the lexer states have rules that ensure they terminate (or
> raise an error, as for unterminated quoted string) at end of input.
> I do think checking the token buffer is a hack, and changing the rules
> a cleaner solution...

Hmm, yea, you are right. It is much simpler solution. We can check
condition in myinput() and input() when we are going to return
end-of-input (YYSTATE == INITIAL), and raise an error if that's not so.
Well, I give up my idea of total extermination of start conditions :)

BTW, while eyeing the scan.l again, I noticed that C - style comments
can also contain bugs, but I am not completely sure.
--
Leon.
-------