Re: [INTERFACES] Embedded SQL in C

От Thomas Lockhart
Тема Re: [INTERFACES] Embedded SQL in C
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
> What is the best way to work with embedded SQL in C for PostgreSQL?
> I've tried the "ecpg" but I wasn't able to develop a simple program with the
> documentation in the "PostgreSQL Programmer's Guide". Where can I find a better
> documentation for beginners and, what is more important, examples?

As for most of our work, the documentation lags the implementation.
afaik there is no other specific documentation for ecpg. I would
suggest two paths to take:
1) Get a generic book on SQL which covers embedded C. ecpg tries to
follow published standards and common conventions.
2) Look at embedded code examples in the Postgres source tree. There
are several in src/interfaces/ecpg/test/

And, when you understand how to do it, consider writing a "HowTo" doc!
I'd be very happy to include it in the Programmer's Guide, and will
help to edit and format it. The content (or lack thereof, as you have
discovered) is the most important thing.

Good luck.
                       - Thomas

South Pasadena, California