Re: [SQL] datetime query issue

От José Soares
Тема Re: [SQL] datetime query issue
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Try this:
select extract(year from date) from tablename;
select extract(month from date) from tablename;
select extract(day from date) from tablename;
select extract(hour from date) from tablename;
select extract(minute from date) from tablename;
select extract(minute from date) from tablename;
select extract(second from date) from tablename;

José

Frank Joerdens ha scritto:

> um, this was probably unintelligible. this is the table:
>
> +----------------------------------+----------------------------------+-------+
> |              Field               |              Type                | Length|
> +----------------------------------+----------------------------------+-------+
> | source_numeric                   | int8 not null                    |     8 |
> | destination_numeric              | int8 not null                    |     8 |
> | source                           | text not null                    |   var |
> | destination                      | text not null                    |   var |
> | bytes                            | int8 not null                    |     8 |
> | date                             | datetime                         |     8 |
> +----------------------------------+----------------------------------+-------+
>
> every hour, a set of rows is added to this table with the current timestamp on
> each row. i guess i need a function to extract the time from datetime. date_trunc
> may be what i am looking for but i couldn't find information in the documentation
> as to how to use these functions.
>
> On Sat, Aug 28, 1999 at 03:35:07PM +0200, Frank Joerdens wrote:
> > I'm not sure how to go about this: I want to find all rows with a timestamp
> > between, say 6 a.m. and 10 p.m. for any number of days. The column format is
> > datetime. How do I extract the 'time of the day' information from this
> > column? What I can think of is to create a view for every single day where datetime
> > is > 6 and < 10 and then another query on all views together but that doesn't sound
> > very elegant and would be a real memory hog for a large number of days.
> >
> > Any better ideas?
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Frank

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: