Re: [HACKERS] vacuum process size

От Leon
Тема Re: [HACKERS] vacuum process size
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
The Hermit Hacker wrote:

> Never did v6.5.1...but I have no problem with starting to do this on minor
> releases to, since...
>
> Could someone try out the following patch?
>
> ftp://ftp.postgresql.org/pub/postgresql-6.5-6.5.x.patch.gz
>
> It is a patch against v6.5 that will bring it up to the most stable
> version *if* it worked right.  Reading through the patch, everything looks
> good, but...

Great idea! It will be good practice - to have simply patches for
minor versions. But this is definitely not a patch for 6.5.0, but
some other version. Unfortunately I lost .tar.gz 6.5.0 distribution,
but I am pretty sure that my sources were intact. There were a lot of
hunks failed, and patched version failed to compile.
Isn't is the right way to do a patch: take old distribution
and simply make a diff against new tree? Seems that current
patch isn't done that way. Included here is patch log file
for your reference.

--
Leon.
Вложения