Re: [HACKERS] Lex and things...

От Leon
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Lex and things...
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Ansley, Michael wrote:

> >> Hmm. There is something going on to remove fixed length limits
> >> entirely, maybe someone is already doing something to lexer in
> >> that respect? If no, I could look at what can be done there.
> Yes, me.  I've removed the query string limit from psql, libpq, and as much
> of the backend as I can see.  I have done some (very) preliminary testing,
> and managed to get a 95kB query to execute.  However, the two remaining
> problems that I have run into so far are token size (which you have just
> removed, many thanks ;-),

I'm afraid not. There is arbitrary limit (named NAMEDATALEN) in lexer.
If identifier exeeds it, it gets '\0' at that limit, so truncated
effectively. Strings are also limited by MAX_PARSE_BUFFER which is
finally something like QUERY_BUF_SIZE = 8k*2.

Seems that string literals are the primary target, because it is
real-life constraint here now. This is not the case with supposed
huge identifiers. Should I work on it, or will you do it yourself?

--
Leon.

Сообщение: RE: [HACKERS] Lex and things...
Сообщение: RE: [HACKERS] Lex and things...