Re: [HACKERS] Single row fetch from backend

От Theo Kramer
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Single row fetch from backend
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian wrote:
> I believe later Informix ODBC version cache the query reqults in the sql
> server in case they are needed later.  Terrible for performance.  I have
> clients downgrade to older isql clients.

I had a look at the ODBC interface for Postgres, yet could not get it to work
on my Linux RH5.0 machine. When linking with libpsqlodbc.a I get the following

cc -I $PGHOME/include/iodbc testpgodbc.c $PGHOME/lib/libpsqlodbc.a -lm
 libpsqlodbc.a(psqlodbc.o): In function `_init': psqlodbc.o(.text+0x0): multiple definition of `_init'
/usr/lib/crti.o(.init+0x0):first defined here libpsqlodbc.a(psqlodbc.o): In function `_fini': psqlodbc.o(.text+0x30):
multipledefinition of `_fini' /usr/lib/crti.o(.fini+0x0): first defined here

Looks like I am not doing the correct thing, yet don't know what else to do.

Regards
Theo