Re: [HACKERS] Threads

От Thomas Lockhart
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Threads
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> KDE/KOffice uses Mico, which is also C++...

Right, it's a nice implementation from the little I've used it (I have
it installed to use the tcl binding).

Presumably we would want a C implementation to match the rest of our
environment, but I can't help thinking that a C++ one for the Corba
parts would be more natural (it maps to the Corba OO view of the
world).

ACE/TAO includes OS abstractions to allow porting to a *bunch* of
platforms, including real-time OSes. However, if you build the whole
package and include debugging symbols then you're taking up 1.2GB of
disk space for a from-source build (yes, that's GigaByte with a gee
:()

The libraries are substantially smaller, but the packaging is not very
good yet so you end up keeping the full installation around.
                  - Thomas

South Pasadena, California