Re: [HACKERS] Binary cursor header changed from 20 to 16 Bytes?

От G. Anthony Reina
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Binary cursor header changed from 20 to 16 Bytes?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:

>  Will put this on my todo list.
>
> > The clients are all SGI machines (O2, Impact, and Indy).
>
> You realize, of course, that using a binary cursor in a cross-platform
> environment is a fairly dangerous thing to do.  Any cross-machine
> discrepancies in data format or alignment become your problem...
>
>                         regards, tom lane

Thanks Tom. I just wanted to make sure the subject was brought up to help
others in case they had been racking their brains on the problem.

As I wrote to Bruce, the cross architecture seems to work just fine as long
as you have make sure to swap the endians in the data. So it looks like you
can do something else that was not in the original planning. Another kudo
for the database architecture!

-Tony

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Binary cursor header changed from 20 to 16 Bytes?
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Binary cursor header changed from 20 to 16 Bytes?