Re: [HACKERS] Optimizer hints

От Hannu Krosing
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Optimizer hints
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
John Ridout wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I know of course that the pgsql optimizer is never wrong

:)

OTOH, it is never completely right either :)

> but for the sake of argument do you think we could have
> optimizer hints the way say MSSQL has them?

I think it has been discussed (a little) but more on the
lines of 'the way Oracle has them' ;)

It seems that this is not currently very high priority for
any of the current real developers, but if you would
contribute a nice clean implementation I'm sure it would
be accepted.

Hannu