Re: [HACKERS] pg_dump not dumping all tables

От Hannu Krosing
Тема Re: [HACKERS] pg_dump not dumping all tables
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
The Hermit Hacker wrote:

> On Wed, 28 Jul 1999, G. Anthony Reina wrote:
>
> > Again, the text file is over 2 Gig so I can't seem to find an editor that is
> > big enough to hold it all in memory (I only have a half a gig of RAM). So it
> > really is just guesswork. Anything you can think of to strip the data from
> > this big of a file?
>
> egrep "^CREATE|^COPY" <filename> ?

Nay,we have currently nice multi-line CREATEs.

the following python script should to work

#!/usr/bin/env python
import sys
in_data = 0
while 1:   line = sys.stdin.readline()   if not line: break   if line[:5] == 'COPY ':       in_data = 1   if not
in_data:sys.stdout.write(line)   if in_data and line[:2] == '\\.':       in_data = 0

as you can probably guess it is used as

stripdata.py <withdata.sql >withoutdata.sql

Hannu