Re: [PORTS] HP-UX port

От Thomas Lockhart
Тема Re: [PORTS] HP-UX port
Дата
Список pgsql-ports
> Those are all of the problems I have had so far.  I have it up and running,
> but it took a little tinkering.  Hopefully we can fix the configure issues
> with different HP hardware platforms for the next release.   Im not sure,
> but my guess is that configure will choke on the new HP N-Class machines as
> well.  I dont have access to one to test it though :(.

We should be shipping the postgres source tar files with flex/bison
already run on the parsing files. It sounds like at least one slipped
through the cracks. Tom, is this up your alley?

As an aside, HPs are not known for their smooth compatibility between
releases, at least in my household. Any suggestions on general
solutions to build problems on new releases would be appreciated; I
recall that every release has required at least some tweaks to get
working again. I'm not sure that any of your particular problems are
in this category, but I thought I'd take the opportunity to whine
about it ;)

Thanks for the feedback.

                        - Thomas

South Pasadena, California