Re: [INTERFACES] More VB

От Byron Nikolaidis
Тема Re: [INTERFACES] More VB
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces

Tom Lane wrote:

> "Stephen Martin Trans-Euro I.T Ltd" <stephen@sealteam.demon.co.uk> writes:
> > whilst it seems driving libpq.dll from VB might be a difficult
> > enterprise..  is it still not possible to just connect a socket to
> > port 5432 of where ever and start communicating with postgres through
> > a socket?  TCP or UDP?
>
> Sure, if you can cope with binary-oriented data structures being
> returned to you by the server.  (The actual data is text, as long as you

I think I missed part of the conversation, but my take on it is that if
you already have a "libpq.dll", it should be fairly straightforward to
map the functions of the dll to VB, just as long as the dll follows
certain rules in how it exports the functions.   I have created dll's
before, and mapped the functions to VB quite successfully.  The only
thing to worry about on the VB side is to correctly map the 'C' function
arguments and return values to VB data types.

Byron