Re: [HACKERS] RFC: remote tables feature

От Thomas Lockhart
Тема Re: [HACKERS] RFC: remote tables feature
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> So, am I completely nuts, or is this a possibility?

I've thought about this a bit too. Seems like it would be fun to try.
My old Ingres installation had a separate distributed server running
between the client and the actual table server, and perhaps the
Postgres backend could be taught to do this too. Perhaps you could
replace the file manager (for a specific table) with something using
the SPI interface to query a remote table. Don't know if there would
be deadlock problems if you came into a table from two different
directions on the same query though...
                 - Thomas

South Pasadena, California

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Phantom row from aggregate in self-join in 6.5
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Phantom row from aggregate in self-join in 6.5