Re: How does the tsearch configuration get selected?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: How does the tsearch configuration get selected?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Teodor Sigaev <teodor@sigaev.ru> writes:
>> I'd suggest allowing either full names ("swedish") or the standard
>> two-letter abbreviations ("sv").  But let's stay away from locale names.

> We can use database's encoding name (the same names used in initdb -E)

AFAICS the encoding name shouldn't be anywhere near this.

The only reason the TS stuff needs an encoding spec is to figure out how
to read an external stop word file.  I think my suggestion upthread is a
lot better: have just one stop word file per language, store them all in
UTF8, and convert to database encoding when loading them.  The database
encoding is implicit and doesn't need to be mentioned anywhere in the TS
configuration.

Сообщение: Re: How does the tsearch configuration get selected?
Сообщение: Re: How does the tsearch configuration get selected?