Re: [HACKERS] Merging old man pages

От Thomas Lockhart
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Merging old man pages
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> OK, let me get this straight: man pages will no longer be in the CVS
> tree because they will no longer be original files, but they will be
> part of the standard distribution as derived files, right?

Yes. Well, at least, maybe, sort of...

As is the case with the other (html) docs, I'm planning on putting a
man tarball into the distribution. Up to now, the easiest way to do
that is to put the tarball into cvs, but I'm open to other
suggestions.

Do I guess correctly that we currently generate our production
releases by actually doing a cvs checkout and then a "mini-build" of
the system to generate the yacc/bison derived files? If so, we could
consider doing the same sort of thing for the html and man products,
but it (probably) makes this packaging process more fragile.
                 - Thomas

South Pasadena, California