Re: Why is there a tsquery data type?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Why is there a tsquery data type?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Ron Mayer <rm_pg@cheapcomplexdevices.com> writes:
> Could similar logic argue that we'd want special types for regular
> expressions too? That seems quite parallel to the tsquery type to me.

Yeah, it certainly seems like something we might want to consider in
future --- we could get rid of that klugy cache for compiled regexps,
for one thing.  An implicit cast from text to the regexp type would
cover backwards compatibility issues, I think.

Сообщение: Re: Advice on MyXactMade* flags, MyLastRecPtr, pendingDeletes and lazy XID assignment
Сообщение: Re: Advice on MyXactMade* flags, MyLastRecPtr, pendingDeletes and lazy XID assignment