Trigger functions written in C never get called

От Camil Coaja
Тема Trigger functions written in C never get called
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi all!

This was first posted in pgsql-admin and I got no answer.

I have recently upgraded from Postgresql 6.4.2 to 6.5 on a Slackware 3.5
with kernel 2.0.30. The processor is Intel P5-133 and it has 32 MB RAM.

As a result the trigger functions defined in refint.c from the directory
[SRC_DIR]contrib/spi/ (check_primary_key, check_secondary_key) and
others defined in the same maner are silently ignored. That means it is
inserting tuples reffering to unexisting keys and I don't even get an
error message when I delete refint.so, restart the postmaster and try
to do an action which is suposed to fire the triggers.

When I'm trying to use them as normal functions (with SELECT
check_primary_key(...), etc.) not as triggers I'm getting the expected
output or error messages (e.g. refint.so missing or working only for
triggers).

Has anybody encontered this malfunction? Please tell me what is the
trail to follow in the source files in order to track this malfunction.
I would like to know what functions are called and in which order, so I
can pinpoint where the things get weird.

Thanks in advance,

Camil