Bounced bugreport

От Leon
Тема Bounced bugreport
Дата
Список pgsql-general
This bugreport has bounced off owner-bugs@postgreSQL.org
I think this is very silly not to allow bugreports from
"not members"

Your name               :Leonid Zubatov
Your email address      :leon@udmnet.ru

System Configuration
---------------------
  Architecture  :intel pentium

  Operating System :Linux redhat 5.9 kernel 2.2.3-5

  PostgreSQL version   :   PostgreSQL-6.5

  Compiler used         :gcc 2.7.2.3

I discovered this problem first trying to create a table with a primary
key from a C program using PQexec. The table is always successfully
created, but program dies with core dump immediately after that.

After a bit of investigation I found that any query which produces
NOTICE from backend crashes the program. These statements are
EXPLAIN, create table with FOREIGN KEY.

There is also something wrong with psql application: it prints all
NOTICES from backend twice.

And, by the way, psql doesn't feel the up-arrow key
on the keyboard, it prints symbols  ^[[A when I press up-arrow.
There wasn't such problem with Postgres 6.4.

Please describe a way to repeat the problem.   Please try to provide a

Simply give one of described commands to the backend from a C program
via PQexec function

If you know how this problem might be fixed, list the solution below:

Have no idea :)

-
Leon.