Re: GIST index : order Hack : getting the order used by CLUSTER .. USING my_index

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: GIST index : order Hack : getting the order used by CLUSTER .. USING my_index
Дата
Список pgsql-general
=?UTF-8?Q?R=C3=A9mi_Cura?= <remi.cura@gmail.com> writes:
> I don't understand how the CLUSTER .. USING index command work then.
> It is supposed to rewrite on disk following index order. Does it do nothing
> for GIST index?

Nobody has ever demonstrated that CLUSTER has any value for anything
except btree indexes.  It seems likely to me that it'd actually be
counterproductive for indexes like GiST, which depend on data arriving in
random order for the highest index levels to end up well-distributed.