Missing PGPORT in initscript causing problems with non standard port

От Rampersad, Shaun
Тема Missing PGPORT in initscript causing problems with non standard port
Дата
Список pgsql-pkg-yum

Hi all

I need some help and clarity regarding the PGPORT variable.

I’ve installed the latest postgres server (9.4.1) from your yum repo. I’ve noted in the init script that the PGPORT is removed.

# Version 9.4.0 Devrim Gunduz <devrim@gunduz.org>

# Remove PGPORT variable.

The problem is that there is now no way to change the port in /etc/sysconfig/pgsql/postgresql and have that change reflect with a restart.

PGDATA=/data

PGPORT=6432

Why was this removed in 9.4? I cant seem to find any information regarding this. How would I change the port of the DB via this file?

NB: I am trying to configure a puppet module to roll out multiple engines and configuring the PGPORT within the sysconfig file is the best solution. I do not want to modify the initscript to achieve this since it works in 9.3

If I need to log a bug/ticket, please let me know where to do this.

Thanks for your help in this

Regards

Shaun Rampersad | Technical Team Lead | FNB Homeloans
1 Enterprise Road, Failands, Gauteng | Tel: (087) 3353022
E-mail: shaun.rampersad@fnb.co.za | Web: www.fnb.co.za | Mobile: www.fnb.mobi

Find us on all major social media platforms.

To see the full legal disclaimer pertaining to this e-mail refer to www.fnb.co.za

First National Bank - a division of FirstRand Bank Limited. An Authorised Financial Services and Credit Provider (NCRCP20).

To read FirstRand Bank's Disclaimer for this email click on the following address or copy into your Internet browser:
https://www.fnb.co.za/disclaimer.html

If you are unable to access the Disclaimer, send a blank e-mail to firstrandbankdisclaimer@fnb.co.za and we will send you a copy of the Disclaimer.

Вложения