Re: How to recover or resent the password for the user 'postgres'

От Arup Rakshit
Тема Re: How to recover or resent the password for the user 'postgres'
Дата
Список pgsql-general

(https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/how-to-setup-ruby-on-rails-with-postgres).

> > But no luck!
> >
> > [shreyas@myapp(add_postgres_addapter)]$ su - postgres
> > Password:
> > su: Sorry
> > [shreyas@myapp (add_postgres_addapter)]$
> >
> > It is asking me the password, whereas I don't know the password of the user `postgres`. How would I create a new
rolewith a password in this case ?

> How did you install Postgres?

I didn't install. I joined a company as an Application developer, where the machine I have been assigned had PostgreSql
alreadyinstalled. I changed the configuration of the pg_hba.config as *trust*, and it worked.

Thanks for the help to all of you.

--
Regards,

--Brian Kernighan

Сообщение: Re: Relation name stored in Postgres
Сообщение: Re: Relation name stored in Postgres