Re: brin index vacuum versus transaction snapshots

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: brin index vacuum versus transaction snapshots
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Jeff Janes <jeff.janes@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 21, 2015 at 3:10 PM, Kevin Grittner <kgrittn@ymail.com> wrote:
>> Kevin Grittner <kgrittn@ymail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> If you run `make installcheck` against a cluster with
>>> default_transaction_isolation = 'repeatable read' you get one
>>> failure:
>>
>>> + ERROR: brin_summarize_new_values() cannot run in a transaction that has already obtained a snapshot
>>
>>> This is using source at commit 9faa6ae14f6098e4b55f0131f7ec2694a381fb87.
>>
>> Ah, the very next commit fixed this while I was running the tests.
>
> Still looks broken from here.

You are right; I rushed my test to see whether Tom's patch had any
impact, and neglected to set default_transaction_isolation after
intalling the new build.  :-(  The problem still reliably occurs,
and the error message still references a function name that was not
part of the problem.

I have added this to the "PostgreSQL 9.5 Open Items" Wiki page.

--
Kevin Grittner
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com