Re: [GENERAL] pg_basebackup issue

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: [GENERAL] pg_basebackup issue
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 04/22/2017 10:04 AM, chiru r wrote:
> Thanks for the reply,
>
> Actually I am not setting Role for database specific,I did set Role to
> user.
> Since users and roles are global for all databases in PostgreSQL,I
> believe it should work for replication pesudo database.

Except for the part where the 'replication' database does not actually
exist, so I am not seeing how a connection could be established to it.
Now whether a replication connection is supposed to honor SET ROLE is
something someone with more knowledge of the connection code will have
to answer. The evidence says it does not.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com