Re: Generate test data inserts - 1GB

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Generate test data inserts - 1GB
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 8/9/19 9:51 AM, Shital A wrote:

> On Fri, 9 Aug 2019, 21:25 Adrian Klaver, <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com
>
>     On 8/9/19 8:14 AM, Shital A wrote:
>      >

>      > Hello,
>
>      >
>      > 4) What techniques have you tried?
>      > Insert into with With statement, inserting 2000000 rows at a
>     time. This
>      > takes 40 mins.
>      >

>     To add to my previous post. If you already have data in a Postgres
>     database then you could do:
>
>     pg_dump -d db -t some_table -a -f test_data.sql
>
>     That will dump the data only for the table in COPY format. Then you
>     could apply that to your test database(after TRUNCATE on table,
>     assuming
>     you want to start fresh):
>
>     psql -d test_db -f test_data.sql
>

>     --
>     Adrian Klaver
>

> Thanks for the reply Adrian.
>
> Missed one requirement. Will these methods generate wal logs needed for
> replication?

For COPY, AFAIK yes.

To verify set up a small test table and COPY to it and sees if the data
shows up on the standby.

pg_bulkload:

https://ossc-db.github.io/pg_bulkload/pg_bulkload.html

"IMPORTANT NOTE: Under streaming replication environment, pg_bulkload
does not work properly. See here for details.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com