Re: Windows buildfarm members vs. new async-notify isolation test

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Windows buildfarm members vs. new async-notify isolation test
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> I made a thing to watch out for low probability BF failures and it
> told me that a similar failure in async-notify might have reappeared
> on brolga:

>  https://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=brolga&dt=2020-07-15%2008:30:11
> | REL_10_STABLE
> [ etc ]

Hm, interesting.  None of these examples show an actual *failure* to
receive a notification, unlike the example that began this thread.
So it seems unlikely that back-patching 16114f2ea would help.  What
we are seeing here, instead, is delayed timing of notify receipt(s).
I suspect that this is a variant of the issue described over here:

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/2527507.1598237598%40sss.pgh.pa.us

I didn't have a great idea about how to fix it reliably in
insert-conflict-specconflict, and I lack one here too :-(.

It's interesting though that your examples are all in v10 or older.
Could we have done something that indirectly fixes the problem
since then?  Or is that just chance?