Re: can't connect to server on localhost

От Alban Hertroys
Тема Re: can't connect to server on localhost
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 6 Apr 2010, at 21:00, Heine Ferreira wrote:

> Hi
>
> Last night i mailed a message about me not being able to install Postgresql 8.4.3 successfully on windows 7
professional.
> I have since temporary quitted my antivirus and firewall programs and I could install successfull.
> In the installation it askes you for a password which it uses for for the service account and it also uses the same
passwordto secure the database.
> It keeps telling me that my password is wrong. I know what my password is because I confirmed it.
> It does this regardless of whether the anti virus and firewall are running or not.
> I checked and yes the postgres service is running.

Whether you need the password or not depends on your settings in pg_hba.conf. It's quite possible that you don't need
thepassword if you're connecting from localhost.

That said, I have no idea what settings PG comes with when installed on Windows.

Alban Hertroys

!DSPAM:737,4bbbc65910411225214359!