Re: Cost of AtEOXact_Buffers in --enable-cassert

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Cost of AtEOXact_Buffers in --enable-cassert
Дата
Re: Cost of AtEOXact_Buffers in --enable-cassert  (Greg Smith <greg@2ndquadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> On Friday 06 August 2010 20:23:15 Tom Lane wrote:
>> I'd be willing to consider a "half assert" mode that turns off some of
>> the most expensive checks, but AtEOXact_Buffers is hardly the only thing
>> that ought to be in that list.  The CLOBBER_FREED_MEMORY and memory
>> context checking stuff is pretty durn expensive too.

> I personally have seen that catching way more bugs than the AtEOXact_Buffers
> check, but that might be because I have found mostly bugs in random c
> functions, not in pg stuff ;-)

Nobody else seems to have commented, but maybe what this suggests is
we need to be able to individually disable a few of the most expensive
checks.  I'm not sure what a reasonable API is for that ... not sure
that I like the thought of a GUC for each one.