Re: PITR - recovery to a particular transaction

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: PITR - recovery to a particular transaction
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Oliver Elphick <olly@lfix.co.uk> writes:
> How about adding a logging option to put the transaction id on the log
> for every statement that modifies the database?  Would that be a small
> enough change to be allowed into 8.0?

I think we could get away with adding transaction ID as one of the
available %-items in log_line_prefix.  I'm not sure how useful this
really is though --- timestamps are probably more useful overall to
have in your log.  The direction I was expecting we'd head in is to
provide WAL logfile examination tools.