Fwd: Restore problem from 8.4 backup to 9.0

От Adam Wizon
Тема Fwd: Restore problem from 8.4 backup to 9.0
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Where would I type 'show hba_file'?  I'm on Mac.  Also I downloaded the distribution from postgresql.org.  If I run an initdb and I already restored a database, will it put the pg_hba.conf file in the 'data' folder?

Subject: Re: Fwd: [GENERAL] Restore problem from 8.4 backup to 9.0

Adam Wizon <adamwizon@mac.com> writes:
Thanks for the fast reply.  I must have still been connected to the older database somehow.  I cleaned up my installation and restored the database.  No error messages this time.  I need to change the pg_hba.conf file.  I read the documentation and its supposed to be in the data directory (which is locked), but it doesn't seem to be there.  Is there an easy way to create the file in the data directory (without overriding access privileges) at this point?

That's where it would normally be, but try "show hba_file;" if you think
the packager of your distribution put it somewhere else.