Re: Compiling PostgresSQL 6.4.2 on Indigo2

От Thomas Lockhart
Тема Re: Compiling PostgresSQL 6.4.2 on Indigo2
Дата
Список pgsql-ports
> I found your name in the PostgreSQL Mailing list, and maybe you can help
> me compiling and running PostgreSQL 6.4.2 on my Indigo2 running Irix6.2.

Sorry, I have *no* familiarity with SGI systems. However, I'm cc'ing
the Postgres "ports" mailing list, which is the right place to ask the
question. I know that irix has been used successfully by others...

Good luck.

                 - Thomas

> Equipment: gcc2.8.1, flex2.5.4, gnumake 3.7.6
>
> Postgres compiles well, but when I try to start the postmaster with
>
>     postmaster -i
>
> nothing happens. When I try to create a database with
>
>     createdb
>
> from another Shell-Window I got an error message like
>
>     IcpSemaphoreCreate: semctl (Bad address) id=0
>
> Can you tell me which configure and compiler options do you use?
> I use:
>
>     configure --with-CC=gcc --without-CXX
>
>     gmake COPT="-mabi=n32 -mips3" LD="ld -n32" all >& make.log

South Pasadena, California