Re: [HACKERS] Updated 6.5 HISTORY

От Thomas Lockhart
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Updated 6.5 HISTORY
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Here is the updated list of changes in 6.5.  I will roll them into the
> sgml and HISTORY files, and put it up on the web site soon.  Note the
> marker in the list that shows the new items since I last posted this
> list in March.  Please review and suggest changes.  Thanks.

I'm pretty sure that I can generate HISTORY from the sgml, just before
release. Also, it looks like we could freeze the release notes pretty
soon, since we know what *features* are going into this release. OK?

We should mention the NetBSD/arm32 port in the introduction.

Also, let's move bug fix notes to below feature notes...

<snip>

> EXPLAIN all indices used(Thomas)

Not me, must be someone else...

> Implement CASE expression(Thomas)

Implement CASE, COALESCE, NULLIF expressions

> Add CASE statement support(Thomas)

This is a duplicate mention of CASE...

> Upgrade to Pygress(D'Arcy)

PyGres

> Update odbc version

Update ODBC driver(Byron)

> Better date/year handling(Thomas)

Improve date/time handling(Thomas)

> Addition of Stefan Simkovics' Master's Thesis to docs(Stefan)

New intro to SQL from S. Simkovics' Master's Thesis (Stefan, Thomas)
New intro to backend processing from " " " " ...

> Improved int8 support(Thomas, Marc)

Improved int8 support(Ryan, Thomas, Tom)

Marc, did you do something with int8s?? Ryan is Ryan Bradetich, if he
doesn't show up yet in the contributor's list...

> Allow btree/hash index on the int8 type(Ryan)

Consolidate this with above? Ryan's contribution was probably the
biggest feature for int8 support in this release.

> Date/time fixes(Thomas)

Duplicate of earlier entries.

> Update to PyGreSQL 2.4(D'Arcy)

Duplicate (though you may want to keep this one instead)

> Update to JDBC(Peter)

Duplicate.

South Pasadena, California