Re: [GENERAL] Too long startup time after each crash.

От neos@olansoft.com
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Too long startup time after each crash.
Дата
Список pgsql-general

22.12.2016, 04:21, "Adrian Klaver" <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com>:
> On 12/21/2016 02:17 PM, neos@olansoft.com wrote:
>>  Hi.
>>
>>  Perhaps i've sent it to wrong mail-list previously.
>>
>>  After the upgrade postgresql had a strange behavior. After the crash, server launch now take a long time, up to
30-40minutes sometimes. When connecting to the server (as well as in the log), the message - "the database system is
startingup". Startup process consumes 0.4 - 1% CPU.

> What upgrade and how was it done?

By standard distro method (emerge in my case), and then pg_upgrade utility (according to pg docs). Upgrade was from 9.4
to9.5, and now 9.5.3 to 9.6.1.

> What crash and what caused it?
>
> In particular why are you seeing multiple crashes?

Sorry, I did not specify a crash, i mean technical failure on the server - power failure or sometimes CPU overheating
("home"server problem).

> What is the log just before the crash?

Nothing, as expected, since it's not postgresql crash.

> What is the log after the the "database system is starting up" part?

First - "the database system was interrupted; last known up at..."

then many times "database system is starting up" (one per connection attempt)

and after 5-40 min i get - database system was not properly shut down; automatic recovery in progress...redo starts
from...readyto accept connections, and, finally, everything is going well.

(my logs in ru_RU locale, so do not place them here)

>>  Tried different version 9.5.[2,3,4], 9.6.1 (9.4 works fine). On the Internet this problem is not met, perhaps the
problemlies in a combination of different factors (configuration database, Linux kernel), may be my config is wrong?

> Do you mean you searched for this problem description and could not find it?

Yes, it is, my fault, Google translator is not always saving me from mistakes.