Re: [HACKERS] defalut value

От Thomas Lockhart
Тема Re: [HACKERS] defalut value
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> I think somehow, somewhere, the size of the default value is getting
> used instead of the size of the field itself.  Weird.  Is it specific
> to char(n), perhaps?  That might help explain how the bug got past
> the regression tests.

I'm pretty sure it is specific to char(n), and it is due to the 4 byte
difference in length between the string and the storage. When we fix
this one we will also fix the "c char(2) default ''" problem too.

In fact, I could have sworn I already had looked at it. Oh well.
                        - Tom

South Pasadena, California