Re: pg_autovacuum crashes when query fails for temp

От Matthew T. O'Connor
Тема Re: pg_autovacuum crashes when query fails for temp
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Should pg_autovacuum be vacuuming temporary tables?

This is a good question, and I would like some opinions from some other
people more informed than I.

> Secondly, why would
> a temporary table for another session be visible to pg_autovacuum?  I
> know these may sound like stupid questions, but I'm a little shocked
> that it found a temp table.  Did someone make a permanent table, delete
> it, and pg_autovacuum found it in between those operations?

I will look into this when I have time, it certainly would be possible
that pg_autovacuum could be tripped up by a sequence of events like you
describe above.  The more general problem is that it shouldn't crash even
if it's vacuuming tables it shouldn't.

Matthew

Сообщение: Re: pg_encoding not needed anymore
Сообщение: Re: pg_encoding not needed anymore