Re: Doc

От Thomas Lockhart
Тема Re: Doc
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
> Hi !

Hi.

> I saw that the html documentation of postgres has been updated today.
> I have produced the pdf from the postscript files that are present on
> ftp.postgresql.org (I think they are old!).
> If you think they can be uploaded on the postgres site
> please let me know.
> Where I can get the latest RTF or PS version of the documentation?

We produce "hardcopy" for each full release of Postgres (e.g. v6.3,
v6.4, etc). I don't do that between releases because my current
procedure for producing hardcopy requires that I hand-edit each manual
in ApplixWare after generating RTF. There is a theoretical possibility
of having an sgml->tex->ps procedure (which might be automated), but
the tex configuration to handle those large files was difficult the
last time I checked, and the last time I tried this embedded tables
would not format correctly anyway. Some of those things might have
been fixed in the meantime, but I haven't pursued it.

We expect v6.5 to be released in a few weeks, and new docs will be
included. The docs might be available a few days in advance on the web
site, and fwiw the tutorial doc will not likely change.

Would you be interested in contributing pdf files back to our project?
I could send you the ps docs as I create them. pdf might be a useful
feature for some folks...
                        - Tom

South Pasadena, California