Re: Seek for helper documents to implement WAL with an FDW

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Seek for helper documents to implement WAL with an FDW
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 20.02.23 10:53, Komal Habura wrote:
>          I have written an FDW, which is similar to the file_fdw. I need
> the support of WAL to perform logical and stream replication. I have
> knowledge about custom WAL but do not have clarity about implementing
> WAL(writing, redo, desc, identify, etc..) and cases where WAL can be
> applied.

A foreign-data wrapper manages *foreign* data, which almost by
definition means that it does not participate in the transaction
management of the local PostgreSQL instance, including in the WAL.  If
you want to build a custom storage format that does participate in the
local transaction management, you should probably look at building
either a table access method or a storage manager.