Re: run pgindent on a regular basis / scripted manner

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: run pgindent on a regular basis / scripted manner
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2023-01-26 Th 12:05, Jelte Fennema wrote:
>> At this stage the files are now indented, so if it failed and you run
>> `git commit` again it will commit with the indention changes.
> No, because at no point a "git add" is happening, so the changes
> made by pgindent are not staged. As long as you don't run the
> second "git commit" with the -a flag the commit will be exactly
> the same as you prepared it before.

Hmm, but I usually run with -a, I even have a git alias for it. I guess
what this discussion illustrates is that there are various patters for
using git, and we shouldn't assume that everyone else is using the same
patterns we are.

I'm still  mildly inclined to say this material would be better placed
in the developer wiki. After all, this isn't the only thing a postgres
developer might use a git hook for (mine has more material in it than in
what I posted).

cheers

andrew

--