Re: [HACKERS] Date/Time Flaw in pg_dump ?

От Thomas Lockhart
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Date/Time Flaw in pg_dump ?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Any datetime fields are different. I think it's a timezone problem.
> The dump includes the timezone as part of the dump, so I'm guessing that
> the problem is on the part of psql not noticing that. I'm using the
> Australian "EST" zone if that's useful.
> Is there an immediate work-around?

Yeah, move to the east coast of the US :)

EST is the US-standard designation for "Eastern Standard Time" (5
hours off of GMT). If you compile your backend with the flag
-DUSE_AUSTRALIAN_RULES=1 you will instead get this to match the
Australian convention, but will no longer handle the US timezone of
course.

This is used in backend/utils/adt/dt.c, and is done with an #if rather
than an #ifdef. Perhaps I should change that...

btw, Australia has by far the largest "timezone space" I've ever seen!
There are 17 Australia-specific timezones supported by the Postgres
backend. I know it's a big place, but the "timezone per capita" leads
the world ;)
                       - Tom

South Pasadena, California