Re: inefficient loop in StandbyReleaseLockList()

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: inefficient loop in StandbyReleaseLockList()
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On Thu, Nov 04, 2021 at 08:21:56PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Hm.  I think it's not the only list function with O(N) behavior;
>> in fact there used to be more such functions than there are now.
>> But I could get behind a patch that annotates all of them.

> Documenting that makes sense.  Shouldn't we be careful to do that in
> both pg_list.h and list.c, then?

We have seldom, if ever, put function API-definition comments into .h files.
I do not see a reason why this case deserves an exception.  (It's tough
enough to get people to maintain definition comments that are right beside
the code they describe --- I think putting them in .h files would be a
disaster.)