Re: user-defined function in Perl or Tcl ???

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: user-defined function in Perl or Tcl ???
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
PG Doc comments form <noreply@postgresql.org> writes:
>> If you have pattern matching needs that go beyond this, consider writing a
>> user-defined function in Perl or Tcl.

> If you start from scratch today, it is unlikely that you use Perl or Tcl.

That statement is not that way because we haven't thought about it.

Of the options we provide in the core distro, plpython is less suitable
because it only comes in an untrusted form (for lack of any workable
sandboxing feature in Python).  So plperl or pltcl is what there is.